A New European Constitution
The main need of the human race is food and shelter, they are the simplest
things to provide, the land was a gift from God, there was no production
or material cost and no delivery charge, yet there is starvation and
homelessness on a global scale.
- We need an E.U.I.S European Union of Independent State.
- Creating a fair trade area, not free trade.
- Use the 3 K’s – 1) Keep it small 2) Keep it local 3)
Keep it interesting.
- Livestock should not have to travel far, local food production could
be achieved with sensible planning. Taking surpluses to areas of shortage
should be accomplished with proper planning.
- The money spent on subsidising the C.A.P. could be used to buy off
surpluses for charities to use for feeding those in need. No land
should be out of production while anyone is hungry.
- We should not pay farmers not to produce crops while there is a
hungry world. The Countryside Stewardship scheme is a political exercise
to fog off the public, rather than subsidising food supplies. If one
wanted land to go back to nature, it would do that without being paid
to do it.
- Land reform is needed, create tenancies for working farmers. In
Eastern Europe, where the state still owns the land, it would be better
for the state to become the landlord, rather than sell it off, rather
than investors buying the land for capital gain.
- Sack the Euro M.P’s they are party groups not peoples’
- No need for Euro Election, just have a few people from each nation
representing the people or the government of each nation. Create peoples’
- Create Marketing Boards. Trade by arrangement, no ‘dog eat
dog’ for personal gain. In a nation needing one million gallons
of milk a day and produce two million, a sensible price for 50% of
the amount produced, and a much lesser price for the rest. The lower
price would be from the money not spent on the C.A.P, charities would
pay a little for it.
- People need a reason for getting up each day, share employment,
have small businesses, enjoy the world, get off the tread mill. Limit
the size of big businesses.
- The main need of the people is food, shelter and water, it should
be a priority.
- Each country should have control of its own banking system and own
- Tax on imports outside the union to bring prices up to competition
price. I feel that we should be looking at flexible times and possibly
a four day working week. That would take 20% of the traffic off the
road in the rush hour straight away. Office space should be incorporated
into all new housing plans as fax machines have eliminated the need
to travel so far to work. With a new cheaper homes scheme, lower incomes
would be sufficient. Job sharing should be encouraged to lower unemployment
numbers and ample leisure activities should be available for all age
groups. The 16-19 age group with no job could join a kind of national
service. We could reduce the number of working days in the week on
an age related basis i.e. maybe at 50 you work a 4 day week and at
60 a three day working week.
- There should be fish breeding areas set up within a European Policy
agreement. If a codfish can lay millions of eggs one ought to be able
to produce codlets to let out of the oceans later, grow food on our
land to feed them. This would restock the fishing industry, other
types of dwindling stock to be considered.
- Often company takeovers are wipe outs, just to get rid of competition.
If a company boss or manager doesn’t know his staff by their
Christian names the company is too big. Takeovers should be refused
if people will lose their jobs.
- Existing farm building could be converted for small or new enterprises.
Another option would be for no business rate charges if one employed
less than five people. Taxation would be generated through income.
- Quotas should not be a sellable item, they were given out in the
first place and should go back to the administration if not required.
Buying quotas prevents new entrants getting into agriculture.
- Capitalism is like the game of Monopoly, where everyone starts off
thinking they can win. Gradually some fall off the board, later there
are two big players, then just one, as with communism, no one wins,
but there is no excitement, we need a third way.
- Everyone in the E.U. should have the opportunity to vote for or
against the proposed constitution with a third option for a Euro Peoples’
Forum for a Peoples’ Europe.
Reclaim the State, Experiments
in Popular Democracy
Review of Hilary Wainwright's book by Patrick Ainley
A peoples' Parliament
A new European Constitution
by Laurence Keeley
Defending public services
means defeating New Labour
George Galloway expulsion condemned